Friday, March 16, 2012

~Thirty Minute Fridays With Amy~

I always always try to keep in mind that life is short and we have to make the most of each precious day that we are here, as this is but a short journey. So it got me thinking about a dear friend that I don't get to see near enough so I text her about starting to hook up every Friday for a lunch date. So today was that day, it is always a wonderful time catching up, and just knowing we will always be there for each other no matter what. Friends come and go but this Chicka is a keeper.
She had a pretty funny story to tell me about her morning once I found out she was okay. She started her morning off making eggs in the skillet for her daughter and herself, meanwhile she shut her finger in the door and cut it really bad, (not stitches bad...but close) so while she had it over the sink washing away the blood she passed out, not once but twice (low pain tolerance or so she says, I don't think anyone that's had four kids has low pain tolerance) when she came to the second time there were eggs all over the floor the pan was knocked off the stove, her hand was burnt and her daughter was above her saying "are you trying to be funny mommy". I said you should be glad she was so calm and it didn't scare her to pieces. Luckily my sweet friends neighbor is a paramedic so he came over and checked her out.
Needless to say this girl does Mommyhood alone a lot of the times and she does it very well. She is a Military Mom and can get her housework done with her eyes closed, she is a role model to me and I adore her! Stayed tuned until next Friday as we will totally hook up again.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me smile to think of you two giggling like when you were in High school. Friends are such a precious gift from God. So are Sisters. Can't wait until summer Sis. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!!! Can't wait until next week & I hope I don't spend my morning rolling in eggs...lol! Bless my little girl she was so calm, I must be a very entertaining Mom for her to think I was being funny....thanks Jen you are truly a great friend & I have been bless with you!!! Cheers for many more memories!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note
I <3 your thoughts and comments!